Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT 12-Cup Programmable Coffee maker.
Mr. Coffee was started by Vincent Marotta Sr. and Samuel Glazer in 1972. They wanted to produce a coffee maker that would use a drip system to make coffee in the home instead of a percolator. Their early design was fairly simple, and relied on water dripping from an upper chamber onto the grinds, and finally into the coffee pot below.
In 1998, Mr. Coffee was bought out by Sunbeam. The company continues to provide mid-priced coffee makers with plenty of features that attract most consumers. The Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT coffee maker is a distinctive coffee machine that lives up to the reputation established by the manufacturer.
Features of the Coffee maker
When you buy a 12 cup coffee maker, you are probably looking machine that will consistently make good coffee, but which is less expensive than many on offer. This means buying a machine that self cleans and has other features that allow you to get the most from each cup of coffee.
Some of the included features of the Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT 12 Cup Coffee maker are:
- 24 hour timer that can be used to schedule brewing time
- The hot plate provides the option of Hot, Warm or Cool coffee
- Brew intensity from mild to strong
- The Filter will remove contaminants, including chlorine, which affect the aroma and flavor of your coffee
- It’s Delay brew function means you can halt the brewing process, pour a cup of coffee and then resume the brewing process
Benefits of the Coffeemaker
Many people looking for a 12 cup coffee maker need an appliance that will produce large quantities of coffee in a short period of time. No matter whether you are in a large family setting or an office with several coffee drinkers, the Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT Coffee maker, offers the following advantages:
- Reusable coffee basket cuts down on the cost of paper coffee filters
- People preferring different brew strengths can easily program this coffee maker to get a perfect cup of coffee
- Easy to maintain and durable
- There is an optional metal carafe that can be purchased separately. This is ideal if you do not want all of the breakage problems associated with a glass coffee pot.
What Users Like About the Coffee maker
There is no question that the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee maker, appeals to consumers that are accustomed to low prices and good quality from Mr. Coffee products. This particular model is often favored by families as well as office equipment purchasing agents looking for a bargain.
Some of the most popular features of the Coffee maker include:
- Dashboard includes a digital clock. If you are on break or need to keep track of time, you will find this coffee maker a perfect companion
- Capacity to brew coffee at different strengths was very appealing to people with large families of people with varying coffee preferences
- Many people were happy the variable heating option that allowed them to get the perfect temperature coffee throughout the day
- People with malodorous tap water were praise the filtration system which removes chemicals including chlorine.While the filter does not take the place of a complete filtering system, this coffee maker still produces better tasting coffee across the board.
- Ease of care made it ideal for busy offices where it is not always easy to keep track of the last time someone ran vinegar through the unit.
Users Negatives About this Coffee maker
Even though the Mr. Coffeemaker, is good value for money, there are a few people who had issues with this appliance.
Some of the most common problems noted include:
- Utterly unappealing design. The stainless steel color and squarish shape clashed with many kitchens
- Buttons for brew strength and other options were small and hard to manage for people with arthritis and eye sight issues
- Coffee pot can be difficult to fit into the receptacle
- Water fill reservoir can be hard to get to.
- Only has a 1 year warranty
- Some people noted that this particular coffee maker was not as durable as older models, and that it wore out soon after the warranty was up
Overall, we feel that Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT 12 Cup Coffee maker is good value at this price. Despite a few design issues, it still makes a good cup of coffee without much effort and we have included it in our Top 10 Drip Coffee Makers.
That said, if you have cramped counters or other space limitations, this coffee maker may not be the best option. It is well suited for college students, families, and small offices where the appearance of the machine does not matter as much as durability.
Since this coffee maker is programmable, we feel it will work well enough in an office setting or other areas where people have a range of preferences. On the other hand, if you have eye or hand problems, this unit can be far more complex than needed. In some cases, you might be better off with a machine with fewer features or at least a better design.
The fact that the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee maker, BVMC-SJX33GT Series, Black/Chrome only has a 1 year warranty was also of concern to us. If you are going to brew several pots of coffee each day, this coffee maker may or may not hold up under the strain, In that situation you may be better served by buying a slightly more expensive coffee maker like the Techivorm Moccamaster KBT 741.
If you do not brew many cups of coffee each day this model would be a suitable option for you.